Empowering younger stroke survivors and families to reclaim lives and ambitions through active peer support:
- There are approximately 152,000 strokes in the UK each year.
- At least 1 in 4 strokes happen to someone of working age or younger.
- Total people having strokes aged 20 to 64 increased by 25% from 1990 to 2010 worldwide.
Meet Lou Lou - she had her stroke in 2013 aged 46. Lou Lou took part in our recent My Mile challenge to raise awareness of the fact that strokes happen to young people too and that Different Strokes is here to offer support.
"There's no such word as can't!"
Please get involved at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/8ways, select ‘Give now’ then ‘My mile’ and tell us what you did to support our 20th year campaign.
Did you know that at least one in four strokes happen to someone of working age or younger? We need you to Act N.O.W:
N – Number of strokes each year is 152,000
O – One in 4 happen to someone of working age or younger
W – We need you to share this message
Please display the Different Strokes twibbon on social media to show your support and encourage family and friends to do the same. Just click on the photo here and add the twibbon to your Facebook and Twitter profiles!
If we all unite together, we can make a real difference and spread the word that stroke happens to younger people too, and that Different Strokes is here to help.
Please give feedback
We'd be really grateful if you could share your views on our services:
- Information pack: www.surveymonkey.com/s/R9T6229
- Helpline: www.surveymonkey.com/s/RXY9CV7
- Newsletter: www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY52NX5